query layers

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 3 14:47:15 EST 2004

Hello All,

This question was sent to me by a colleague, Carola, who requested
that I post it to the list-serv.  I have not yet begun to work with
query layers, but my understanding is that they are primarily defined
through the map file (which is why I chose this list-serv).  Several
people have mentioned that also running Chameleon complicates defining
the query layers.  I will forward any answers to Carola.  Thank you
very much for your time!

Jennifer Zeisloft

Question:

I am currently using Chameleon to develop my web mapping application.
In order to perform a query on a point type layer using the identify
feature tool, I needed to add an additional layer (query type) in the
map file. The first layer shows the points in the map and the second
one is used to perform the query. The query works perfectly, but the
problem is that both layers appear on the legend. Is there a way to
delete the query layer from the legend or, even better, use only one
layer in the map file that would perform the query and show the point
layer in the legend. Any help would be REALLY appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

- Carola Blazquez