Given map extent is invalid

nasir mahmood nasir_pcit at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 3 19:13:00 EST 2004

Hi,

I have gone through this problem. The way I solved this problem is:
1 - download Fwtools from http://fwtools.maptools.org/
2 - then you ogrinfo command to find extent of you shape file and then you that extent in you map file.
           command: ogrinfo -al -so myfile.shp

regards,
nasir

Dan Liu <Dan.Liu at STATE.MN.US> wrote:

Hi,

PHP mapscript application which worked in mapserv 4.2.5 now gives the error 'Given map extent is invalid.' after function 'ms_newMapObj()' is called. The extent is

EXTENT 118109 5269319 792271 4997508

Does anybody know want is wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Dan