4.4.0 build ok, but 4 python mapscript tests are failing

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Dec 6 10:27:39 EST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 8:04 AM, didier.georgieff wrote:

> Dear Sean,
>
>> It looks to me like there may be code compiled from the older,
>> non-modern, source in build/lib.linux-i686-2.3.
>
> OK.
>
>> Can you try to delete the python/build directory and try again?
>
> 1 - tried deleting => same problem
>
> 2 - removed the whole mapserver folder and untar a fresh one => same
> problem.
>
> See below __exactly__ (from history) what I did.
> I'll keep searching. Just let me know if you want me to try something.
>
>> From what i saw, tests create jpg, png and fail on creating other
> images. More facts when i find information.
>
>> I am unable
>> to confirm your problem on my machine, all 228 tests pass.
>
> OK.
>
> Kernel 2.6.3-15mdk
> gcc version 3.3.2 (Mandrake Linux 10.0 3.3.2-6mdk)
> Python 2.3.3
>
>> I'm on #mapserver on irc.freenode.net all day today if you would
>> like quicker feedback on solving this problem.
>
> Thanks a lot for the proposal. But my firewall doesn't allow IRC ;-<

Didier,

I am unfamiliar with Mandrake ... I wonder if it is doing something
different with the python path?

The unit testing framework works by importing mapscript from
python/tests/cases/testing.py.  You can look in that file to see
how it is done.

To diagnose if the framework is failing, cd to python/tests/cases and
try this:

     $ python

     >>> from testing import mapscript
     >>> mapscript.MS_VERSION
     '4.4.0'

4.4.0 is what I get.  If the testing framework fails on mandrake, and
you accidentally import another installed mapscript, the version string
should make it clear.

Sean