MapServer 4.4.0 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Dec 6 18:08:43 EST 2004

Sean Gillies wrote:
> On Dec 2, 2004, at 5:20 PM, Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:
>>
>> Do you think is it possible to create a "PHP shapelib wrapper" using
>> SWIG?

> I don't know, and will have to defer to the PHP and shapelib experts.

I didn't follow the rest of this thread so I'm not sure what you're
trying to do exactly, but to answer your specific question about
building PHP extensions: I don't know how hard that would be to do with
SWIG, but that would probably not be a trivial task. You may also want
to consider writing a custom PHP extension since the shapelib API is
fairly simple. See the file README.EXT_SKEL in the PHP source package
about building PHP extensions.

BTW, did you know that the PHP MapScript extension already includes the
shapeFileObj class that allows you to do simple things with shapefiles?
You should probably look at that before reinventing the wheel.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca