PDF Output

Andrew Seales andrew.seales at ED.AC.UK
Wed Dec 8 09:52:36 EST 2004

I seem to be having trouble outputting data from a WMS Server in PDF format.
When I call GetCapabilities, application/x-pdf doesn't appear as an image
format in the <GetMap>, <Format> tags.

PDF support is compiled in using PDFLib 5.04, and mapserv -v returns:

MapServer version 4.4.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

At the top of the capabilities file, the comments below <WMT_MS_Capabilities
version="1.1.1"> also indicate that PDF support is compiled in.

These are the OUTPUTFORMAT lines in the map file:

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME pdf
    DRIVER "pdf"
    MIMETYPE "application/x-pdf"
    IMAGEMODE RGB
    EXTENSION "pdf"
END

The type of data being drawn is vector data, and I am using Solaris 8.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew Seales