Mr SID in mapserver

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 8 14:42:14 EST 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:28:20 -0800, Jon Saints <saintsjd at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Mr Sid raster i would like to display in
> mapserver. What is the best way to do that? should i
> convert to another format?

Jon,

It is possible to download the MrSID SDK from Lizardtech
and then build a GDAL using it, and then build MapServer
using that GDAL.  But that is a somewhat complex process.
If you don't particularly need to serve directly from the MrSID
files, I would suggest just converting to GeoTIFF and using
that.  Most existing binaries should support GeoTIFF directly.

Best regards,