How get Mysql to draw a map using an other table who share's a co mmon field?

Fuchs Juan Carlos jfuch at INDEC.MECON.GOV.AR
Wed Dec 15 11:11:35 EST 2004

Hi folk's:
Finally I got map server to work with mysql.
putting the shp data into mysql with shp2mysql.pl.
it works fine, I get the map and the labels, its ok.
Now, is there a way to do a Select to an other table in the same database,
just as we can do with the join statement, to retrieve the new map?
By the way, the only way we can do a query up to day, is by do the query on
a SHP and
then retrieve the data from MySql via Join.
Is there a way to do that directly in MySql.?

Thanks.