Internal Server Error - UNIX CGI - But not PHP MapScript

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Wed Dec 15 11:59:40 EST 2004

I just want to qualify. when I say the CGI core dumped I refering to CGI
apps in general not mapserv. mapserv rarely core dumps.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of Ethan Alpert
        Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 9:57 AM
        To: MAPSERVER-USERS at lists.umn.edu
        Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Internal Server Error - UNIX
CGI - But not PHP MapScript

        Can you/have you done an ldd on the mapserv executable? Does it
run at the command live with mapserv -v ? I susspect that mapserv is
missing a shared object. It may be possible that your shell environment
has a proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH but your webserver doesn't. Do your httpd
error logs have any additional info? My experience is that the error log
will just have an "ended prematurely" error in the case of the library
path problem. Most of the time when you get a 500 error I find that the
CGI core dumped.

        -e