maps mosaic

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Dec 16 06:01:15 EST 2004

Hi,

you can use one the following to tell my Mapserver to use those datasets
as 1 layer:

1. use the GROUP keyword (see MAP file reference)
2. use a tileindex to group them together (gdaltindex or ogrtindex
utilities respectively for raster and vector data).

I would prefer option 2 as there is no overhead for this in your MAP file.

See:

http://gdal.maptools.org/gdal_utilities.html
http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/ogr_utilities.html

in your MAP file you would then use the following:

LAYER
  TILEINDEX "F:/Data/Geostreets/3/level3.shp"
  TILEITEM "location"
  ..
END

Best regards,