Display map with specified point in cen ter

Shanton, James A James.Shanton2 at NSCORP.COM
Thu Dec 16 07:26:45 EST 2004

Miroslav,

I'm doing it this way.

http://www.mydomain.com/mapserver/bin/mapserv.exe?map=D%3A%5CMAPS%5CGIS2%5Ct
hex.map&mapxy=" & rst("LONGITUDE") & "+" & rst("LATITUDE") &
"&layer=idogr&layer14=railroad&layer14=ortho&scale=5000&mapsize=600+500

replace the " & rst("LONGITUDE") & "+" & rst("LATITUDE") & "
with your lat and Long.

Jim Shanton

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Miroslav Šulc
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 7:19 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Display map with specified point in center

Hi,

I am still newbie so maybe I ask a stupid question but I cannot solve
this one.

I have a set (about 5000) points with coordinates in MySQL database and
map that covers the region of the points. When user says "display THIS
point on map", I would like to display map with this point in the center.

I suppose I should
1) estimate the extent of the map that I want to display
2) insert the point into a layer (the point has coordinates) and draw
the point

I can somehow estimate the extent but I don't know how I can insert the
point specified by coordinates into the map. I use PHP Mapscript. I
would appreciate any suggestion.

--
Miroslav Šulc, CEO
StartNet s.r.o.