MapServer - ArcSDE feedback

Paul Ramsey pramsey at REFRACTIONS.NET
Thu Dec 16 12:20:18 EST 2004

   The main advantage of ArcSDE is that you can directly edit your data
with ArcMap. There are also some other good desktop-integrated features
like versioning and topology that work well with ArcMap.
   Everything else is disadvantages. Performance, flexibility, price,
standards compliance: PostGIS wins on them all.

Paul