crosshatch

Fri Dec 17 00:20:16 EST 2004

At the moment you can't change the thickness of the lines. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that the styleObj doesn't have enough specificity to support it. What's needed is a second size related parameter. I would propose 'THICKNESS' which would control the thickness of what are now single pixel width lines: lines with no symbol, hatch lines, vector symbol renderings and so on. This would remove the requirement of defining a circle symbol to draw 'fat' lines (although that would still work). You'd just need something like:

STYLE
  COLOR 255 0 0
  THICKNESS 4
END

Note that the new hatching work Arnulf and I did allows for arbitrary hatch angles and does not allow for thick lines. SIZE controls the spacing. This is not a particularly difficult addition for GD, not sure about PDF and SWF output.

Steve

John Bolster schrieb:

>Hello,
>
>I've figured out how to fill polygons with a crosshatch by using a vector
>symbol with points of 0 0 1 1 and this gives a nice diagonal line. But how
>can I make the crosshatch line thicker so it is more bold? I can vary the
>spacing with the size attribute in the class, but this doesn't change the
>thickness of the crosshatch line itself.
>
>I've experimented with trying to make a filled vector symbol that's thicker
>but I haven't been able to make one that lines up to form continuous hatch
>lines. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Bolster

Hey John,
send a request for this to arnulf.christl at ccgis.de or to steve lime.
They develloped this graphic feature just a short time ago and normally
it should be allredy integrated in the current code of relese 4.4.
Kind regards,
Peter

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Peter Freimuth
MapMedia
Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme

Heilbronner Straße 10
D-10711 Berlin Charlottenburg

fon:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 70
fax:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 73