MapServer book(s)?

Alex Zendel amzendel at VT.EDU
Mon Dec 20 18:50:36 EST 2004

Hello all,

I'm considering learning how to deploy websites featuring MapServer maps.  I
have a good amount of GIS experience, VB-OOP programming skills and SQL
database programming.  I also know a few things about configuring web
servers and constructing basic, static websites.  However, I'm new to
MapServer, php, and, of course, MapScript.  So I feel that I have a
manageable, yet big challenge ahead of me.

Reading books rather than online computer documentation typically
accelerates my learning curve.   So I'm wondering if books
MapServer/Mapscript exist.  Also, I assume that I'll need a book on php if I
want to begin customizing some MapServer features.  Any recommendations?

Thanks

Alex Zendel