Trouble getting started - please help

Eric Brown ericbrown at NETXN.COM
Mon Dec 20 23:23:02 EST 2004

Anyone,

We have recently attempted to install MapServer on a new Windows 2003 (Wed Edition).  However, we are having a bit of a problem (or two).

1st: While running the webserv.exe program from a command prompt will provide the correct response - both with the -v option and without, running it as a CGI does not respond with the appropriate response.  We don't receive "No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty." as indicated in the documentation.  Instead we just receive a blank web page.

2nd: We then attempted to run a prior version - specifically 3.6.7 - which gives the appropriate messages in both a command line mode and as a CGI.  However, we are only able to get the "--Adds dhtml rubber-band box" portion of the ITASCA workshop to function.  All the other demo units return broken images.

So, any insight into what we are doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

And just so no one asks.. IIS 6, Windows 2003 (Web server edition).

Thank you,

Eric Brown