POLYGON layers not transparent with imagetype JPEG

Michael Schulz mschulz at WEBGIS.DE
Thu Dec 23 05:39:53 EST 2004

Hi,

i found this thread, because I realized the same behavior with our mapserv4.2.5.

A polygon layer that has a diagonal vector(lines) fill, displays with white background instead of
showing through layers that are underneath. This happens with imagetypes png24 and jpeg (where it is
no problem to display whole layers with a certain transparency) - png and gif work as expected.

One can come around this by defining a layer transparency of 100. But actually that's not what the
layer transparency is intended to be for. Is this a bug for the outputformats with RGB colors?

map-class-snipplet:
     CLASS
       NAME "Biotop §24"
       STYLE
         COLOR 255 0 0
         OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
         SYMBOL 1
       END
     END

symbol-definition:
SYMBOL
   NAME "downwarddiagonalfill"
   TYPE vector
   TRANSPARENT 0
   POINTS
     0 1
     1 0
   END
END

Merry christmas to all, Michael

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                 Informationstechnologie mbH
                                      In den Weihermatten 66
                                             79108 Freiburg
                                      0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)