[non-spatial]-mysql: point data source

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Tue Dec 28 18:36:08 EST 2004

Greetings everyone!

I have been using mapserver for quite some time with shapefiles, and am
quite pleased with its flexibility.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add point data records, stored
in a MySQL data base, to a map that was created by shapefiles. The records
in mysql would be formatted as follows:

point_id, x, y, attribute_1, ...

this is not in the openGIS format that the myGIS connector is using, and
so I wonder if it is even possible to get a 'list' of points like this
into a mapserver application.

I would like to use PHPmapscript, but i have problems running PHP as a CGI
as opposed to the more traditional Apache DSO (maybe this problem has been
solved...)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dylan