Dynamic where clause in OGR/ OVF file

Shanton, James A James.Shanton2 at NSCORP.COM
Thu Dec 30 07:17:09 EST 2004

Is it Possible to put asp or other dynamic content in an OGR file ?

(Specifically the where clause of the SQL statement )

In my Sample below I'd like to replace the '%myuid' in the SQL with the
users id  -- something like <%session("myuid")%>

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="notesogrl">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:dbuid/mypwd at mydsn</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcLayer>mynotes</SrcLayer>
       <SrcSQL>select icon_id,gis_note,latitude as y,longitude as
x,insert_id from gis_object where insert_id like '%myuid'</SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>