[Mapserver-users] Configure - help

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Sun Feb 1 18:09:32 EST 2004

Hi All,

Can anybody help with this?

Running configure (on a Solaris) produces the following messages:-

checking if GDAL support requested... yes, user supplied gdal-config
(/export/home/local/util/gdal/configure)
configure: error: unrecognized option: --libs
Try `/export/home/local/util/gdal/configure --help' for more information.
configure: error: unrecognized option: --cflags
Try `/export/home/local/util/gdal/configure --help' for more information.

The script continues after this and produces a Makefile which, unhappily
but probably not surprisingly, does not build mapserver. I did post a
message recently about the make problems, but I hadn't noticed the
errors in the configure at that time.

I'm trying to build mapserver that will, as a minimum, act as a WFS server.

Please help if you can.

Keith