[Mapserver-users] Compiling Ming on Solaris 8 (Sparc)

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Tue Feb 3 09:07:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm attempting to compile Mapserver on a Solaris 8 (Sparc) box. But I'm
having considerable difficulties compiling the dependency's, especially
Ming, I've tried several versions and a few tweaks to the Makefiles that
were on the ming site, but still no go. I was just wondering if anyone on
this list has successfully compiled Ming on Solaris 8, and if so what did
you have to do, and what versions of gmake, gcc, etc did you use? Any help
would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Ray,

_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
mailto:ray.ward at mapfusion.com
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.