[Mapserver-users] shape file reprojection on the fly.

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:48:55 EST 2004

Correct.  The projection definition on the main MAP object is your
output projection and the projection definition in your LAYER object is
whatever projection your data is in.  See
http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/example1-6.html for an
example.

-Perry

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 16:30, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> To reproject shape files on the fly can you simply define a projection for the
> main portion of your map and then also provide one in the definition of a layer?
> Resulting in the proj in the layer def being transformed to the one in the main
> part of the map file.
>
> Someone beat me with a clue stick if I am off in left field on this.

"He's no geek.His tan's too good." -Benjamin Choate