[Mapserver-users] shape file reprojection on the fly.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 6 00:00:37 EST 2004

Amit S BEHERE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an additional question on this one. I understand that the
> projection in the MAP object is the output projection. However say I have
> a map with a few layers and I want to do a OGIS get map request on one or
> more
> layer(s). So unless I do the request in the same SRS as the one defined on
> the map object I am not going to get useful stuff back. Is that right ?
> So whats the use of the SRS field in the OGIS Getmap request ?
>
> Is there any way I can send th OGIS getmap request with an srs thats
> different from the one specified on the map object and have it return the
> correct image.
>s.gis.umn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mapserver-users

Amit,

If an SRS is passed in a WMS call it temporarily overrides the PROJECTION
definition in the .map file.  So, SRS stuff with WMS should work fine for any
coordinate system recognised by MapServer.  The EPSG coordinate systems are
mostly looked up in the PROJ.4 epsg file, so that is the place to extend if
you want some of the "variant" coordinate systems.  As well the WMS "Auto"
projections are supported by some custom code inside mapserver.

Best regards,