[Mapserver-users] Cursor error in postgis when querying Map

Morgan.Guerin at space.alcatel.fr Morgan.Guerin at space.alcatel.fr
Fri Feb 6 11:44:54 EST 2004

Hi All!

I'm running 2 Postgres databases.
The first  one is a PostGres 7.4.1 and PostGis 0.8.0, both on windows32
using "cygwin" to emulate linux.
The second one is a PostGres7.3.2 and PostGis 0.7.4 and SunOS.
I'm also using a precompiled mapserver version 4.0.1 with php4.3.3 and
mapscript,  for windows32.

Here is my problem:
When I'm querying a layer stored in the SunOS database, it works but I've
got this message:
"BEGIN already a transaction in progress
Closing pre-existing portal 'my cursor'"

However, When I'm querying a layer stored in the Win database, it tells me
that the cursor 'my cursor' is open but generated a error and stop instead
of keep going.

I've seen a couple of topics about this kind of bug and I think that it's
fixed in the nightly builds. I was wondering if there is, somewhere on the
internet, a precompiled mapserver for Win32 with mapscript for php 4.3.3
including this fix!
Is there a fix at least?

Thx,
morgan