[Mapserver-users] Newbie needs help with simple raster mapserver

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Fri Feb 6 23:53:01 EST 2004

Michael,

Your world file had the wrong dimensions (360 degrees / 11520 pixels =
0.03125 degrees per pixel for the X-dimension, 180 degrees / 5760 pixels
= 0.03125 degrees per pixel for Y).  I created one for your big image.
Have a look at http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/mars_32.html.

The rest of the files are:
http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/mars_32.map
http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/mars_32.png
http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/mars_32.wld

Cheers!
-Perry N.

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 17:39, Michael Darweesh wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to do something like example 1-5 in the tutorial with my png
> file, but my raster isn't showing. Could you take a look at my code and
> point me in the right direction. I'm stuck with how to debug this next.
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike
> http://www.mars.asu.edu/~mjd/mapserver/mars_32.html
> http://www.mars.asu.edu/~mjd/mapserver/mars_32.map
> http://www.mars.asu.edu/~mjd/mapserver/data/raster/mars_small_32.png
> http://www.mars.asu.edu/~mjd/mapserver/data/raster/mars_small_32.wld
> (or, eventually
> http://www.mars.asu.edu/~mjd/mapserver/data/raster/mars_32.png (BIG))
>

> MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
> SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> gdal-config --formats
> gxf gtiff hfa aigrid aaigrid ceos ceos2 iso8211 bsb xpm sdts raw dted
> mem jdem envisat elas fit vrt usgsdem l1b nitf bmp gif jpeg png

"He's no geek.His tan's too good." -Benjamin Choate