[Mapserver-users] Size/length limitation for PostGIS queries?

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nlh.no
Mon Feb 9 07:01:44 EST 2004

Is there a size/length limitation on PostGIS queries?

I have experienced errors for PostGIS queries throught Mapserver
for long PostGIS queries. A CONNECTION string with 568 characters
crashes, while a CONNECTION string with 491 characters is OK.
The only difference between the strings is that in the long one,
the table names have been included as prefixes of all columns in
the query, while in the shorter one, the table names have been
omitted where possible.

I am using the mappostgis.c from CVS 4. february in an older
Mapserver 4 CVS (June 6 2003). My PostGIS is also CVS from 4.
february, and it runs on top of PostgreSQL 7.4.1.
Sparc Solaris 2.6, GCC 2.95.3.

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology