[Mapserver-users] Recommendations for multiple query of invisible layers.

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Mon Feb 9 10:12:02 EST 2004

Quoting Ed McNierney <ed at topozone.com>:

> Jason -
>
> You should already be using a TILEINDEX to index your orthophotos.
> Since your TILEINDEX is a shapefile with a polygon for each ortho, you
> can create a separate layer using a DATA statement with the same
> shapefile.  Then you can do your spatial query on that layer; you don't
> have to display it.
>
> It sounds like you haven't yet discovered TILEINDEX or aren't using it,
> however, and you should.
>
> 	- Ed

Unfortunately these are not orthos. They are the aerial photos from which the
orthos were created. I suppose I could write a program to generate the world
file for these photos based off of scale and the center point then use
tileindex. In either case it sounds like the best route is to use a shape file
and if possible tileindex to create it. Ill look into it further.

Thanks, Jason.