[Mapserver-users] MapScript Installation Problem

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 10 06:31:31 EST 2004

try setting extension_dir="c:\php\extensions"

if you set extension=php_mapscript_4.0.1.dll you may not need to set
enable_dl=On.  enable_dl is enabling dynamic loading.  If you leave the
extension out of php.ini and enable_dl=On then you can use dl(
'php_mapscript_4.0.1.dll' ); in your scripts to load mapscript.  If you
add extension=php_mapscript_4.0.1.dll then you do not need to use dl in
your script and in fact it will cause an error.

the next thing to try is to get the dependency walker from
www.dependencywalker.com and run it on php_mapscript_4.0.1.dll, it will
tell you if all the dll dependencies can be found.  Windows will
sometimes give you misleading error messages, like the extension can't
be found ... often this means that a dll the extension relies on can't
be found.

Cheers,

Paul

|Paul Spencer                           spencer at dmsolutions.ca    |