[Mapserver-users] Will MapServer Support ChartRenderer in near future releases?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 13 10:13:16 EST 2004

Wan Xiangqian wrote:
> Something like Pie or Bar or DotDensity Renderers for thematic mapping. I've noticed somewhere in MapServer documents cited a SouthEastEurope Tutorial site using such Renderers on MapServer based WebMapServer. But in MapServer source code lines I find nothing about such renderers. Will MapServer support thematic mapping in near future releases?

Wan,

I'm not sure too sure what you are getting at here.  In my mind, a DotDensity
renderer for thematic mapping would be a fill style for polygons while
bar and pie would presumably be chart types.  Charting is not considered
to be part of the MapServer taskset at this time, to the best of my
knowledge.  However, DM Solutions Group has written the open source
OWTChart which can be used pretty easily in web applications for displaying
chart information.  With appropriate mapscript magic this can be invoked
based on attribute query results.

 http://maptools.org/owtchart/index.phtml

Good luck,