[Mapserver-users] OGR not found in system libs...

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Feb 17 18:23:50 EST 2004

Ray Ward wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to compile/install Mapserver 4.0.1 on a Solaris 8 (sparc)
> machine. I have all of the dependecy's installed. But right now the
> mapserver configure script seems to be having a problem with the OGR
> Libraries. Below I've posted the configure options and the output, but as
> far as I can tell GDAL and OGR are installed properly. I get an "OGR not
> found in system libs" error, is this a case of an environment variable
> missing or perhaps I should be passing another option to the configure
> script? any help would be appreciated..

> checking whether we should include OGR support...
> checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
> checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal.1.1... no
> configure: warning:         OGR not found in system libs...
> use --with-ogr=DIR.

You probably have GDAL 1.1.9 (or the latest from CVS), right?

The name of the GDAL library has changed in GDAL 1.1.9 and as a result
this test in MapServer's configure is broken.  There is a fix for this
in the MapServer CVS for both 4.0.x and 4.1.

In case you can't update from CVS, I have made a copy of the latest
configure script for 4.0.x available at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/ms-401-configure.tar.gz
(note that this URL may be up only for a few days)

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca