[Mapserver-users] OGR not found in system libs...

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Wed Feb 18 13:13:59 EST 2004

Ray Ward wrote:

> [...]
> nightly build of mapserver and I am still getting an OGR error (output of
> that configure provided below). Wondering if this is still a configure
> script error?, maybe you could re-post your fix, or send me instructions
on
> what needs to be modified?...or perhaps this really is an OGR problem, if
so
> do you know a better way to test for the proper installation of GDAL/OGR?
> Thanks for any help you can provide...
>

> checking for pj_latlong_from_proj in -lproj... yes
>         using PROJ.4 from /usr/local.
> configure: checking whether we should include thread safe support......
>         thread safe support disabled.
> configure: checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support......
>         ESRI SDE support not requested.
> configure: checking whether we should compile in MPATROL support......
>         MPATROL support not requested.
> configure: checking whether we should include OGR support......
> checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal... no
> checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal.1.1... no
> configure: WARNING:         OGR not available.
> checking if GDAL support requested... yes, user supplied gdal-config
> (/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
> checking checking ms JPEG output... no we, have GDAL available.
> configure: checking whether we should include TIFF support......
>         using libtiff from -L/usr/local/lib64 -ltiff.
> checking if PostGIS support requested... yes, user supplied pg_config
> checking if MyGIS support requested... no
> checking if OracleSpatial support requested... no
> checking if MING/Flash support requested... yes, user supplied MING
> directory
> ./configure: -lming: command not found
> configure: checking whether we should include WMS Server support......
>         OGC WMS compatibility enabled (-DUSE_WMS_SVR).
> configure: checking whether we should include WFS Server support......
> configure: error: OGC WFS Server support cannot be enabled: missing OGR
> which is required).
>

>Ray,
>
>(Please reply via the list since others may be able to help solve your
>problem, or may be interested in the solution to your problem.)
>
>The link http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/ms-401-configure.tar.gz is up,
>or at least it works for me...
>
>Looking at the configure output above it seems that you have a version
>that includes the right fix.
>
>BTW, the following error...
>
> > checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal... no
>
>suggests that either libgdal.so in not compiled with OGR (it should be
>by default), or you didn't 'make install' to install GDAL, or there is
>no libgdal.so in /usr/local/lib ... can you check that you have
>libgdal.so somewhere and that OGR is enabled?
>
>Oh wait... I see that libtiff was found in -L/usr/local/lib64 ... are
>you running a 64 bits linux box?  Maybe there is something specific to
>detecting GDAL/OGR on 64 bits Linux systems that's not properly handled

Daniel,

Yes I am running this on a 64-bit Solaris 8 (sparc) box. And yes your link
is working for me now, I tried that configure script and it's the same as
what I've got now from the last nightly build....any other ideas? or a way
to test the 64-bit theory?....anything else I can provide that would be
useful?

> "can you check that you have libgdal.so somewhere and that OGR is
enabled?"

I'll give you some command line output that hopefully answers this...GDAL
was installed from gdal-cvs-040217.tar

# /usr/local/bin/gdal-config --ogr-enabled
yes
# ls /usr/local/lib | grep -i gdal
gdal.a
libgdal.1.1.so