[Mapserver-users] Re: Mouse Over

Dave Walton mapserver at digger.net
Thu Feb 19 06:09:08 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:52:14 -0500
Charlton Purvis wrote:

> I'm trying to monkey around w/ imagemap, a la the Wiki post:
>   OUTPUTFORMAT
>     NAME imagemap
>     MIMETYPE "text/html"
>     DRIVER imagemap
>   END
>
> But a shp2img gives me a:
> msDrawMap(): GD library error. Unable to initialize image.

Having just managed to get the imagemap stuff to work myself, I'd say
that the imagemap renderer is not enabled. That error is most likely
coming from line 167 of mapdraw.c, and the reason is probably the
commented-out code in lines 133-139.  If you uncomment those lines(which
contain a call to msImageCreateIM()) and recompile, that ought to
eliminate the error.

Dave