[Mapserver-users] Re: MapServer ImageMap feature

Dave Walton mapserver at digger.net
Thu Feb 19 06:27:35 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:05:50 -0500
Dave Astolfo wrote:

> I am trying to implement client-side Image Maps using the ImageMap
> sample provided on the MapServer Wiki
> (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ImageMap). I am using the
> GMAP demo and am getting this error:
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msDrawMap(): Unable to initialize image. in
> C:\MapServerTools\GMAP_Sample\htdocs\gmap75.inc.php on line 576

I am not at all familiar with the GMAP stuff, but the error message looks
like the same one another person just asked about.  I suggest you check
the block of code on lines 133-139 of mapdraw.c (containing the call to
msImageCreateIM()) and see if it is commented out.  If so, uncomment it
and recompile, and you should be good to go.

Dave