[Mapserver-users] ROSA and 1.1 VMS

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Thu Feb 19 18:11:38 EST 2004

manuel gimond wrote:

> Can ROSA *only* be used with clients using JRE 1.4 or greater? I would
> like to have clients with IE VMS 1.1 run the ROSA applet.  I compiled
> ROSA using "-target 1.1" option, but it still does not work on systems
> that do not have 1.4 JRE. The compilation did not create an error (only
> 2 deprecation warnings).
> I also tried compiling ROSA with "-target 1.3" and have the ROSA applet
> run on clients with JRE 1.3.1 with no luck.
> In all cases, I can get the background image to show up, but the buttons
> and drawing capabilites are none existent.

I think Rosa should work fine with the Microsoft VM. Open the Java
console and see if it give any clues. Also check the IE security
settings. New versions of Windows have "Active Scripting" and "Java
Permissions" set such that Java applets may no longer work out-of-the-box.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com