[Mapserver-users] WFS and 1 on n relationships

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 20 04:15:28 EST 2004

Hi list,

I have some questions regarding Mapserver WFS and 1 on n relationships in
data.

Currently we have a shapefile. The attribute table of this shapefile has a
1 on n relationship with another dbf file.

1) Can this type of datastructure be served directly by Mapserver WFS? I
guess the answer to this one will be NO.

2) Would bringing the data into PostGIS make it easier for Mapserver WFS
to serve this kind of data?

3) Can this type of data structure be served in Mapserver GML (and parsed
by OGR)?

If it cannot be handled, I have the following additional question:

4) Can Mapserver serve a WFS typename for PostGIS tables without geometry,
i.e. serve GML separately for the table which is to be coupled to the
geometry table?

Any info appreciated on how to deal with this.

Best regards,
Bart