[Mapserver-users] WMS client - multiple entries in "wms_srs"

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nlh.no
Thu Feb 26 12:59:19 EST 2004

I finally found out the cause of my problems.
On my platform, in order for Mapserver to be able to determine
that the map output projection is in the "wms_srs" list (and
choose that projection when requesting the WMS layer), the map
output projection has to be specified using lowercase, that is
"init=epsg:32633" and *not* "init=EPSG:32633".
At the same time, the projection name in the "wms_srs" list
has to be specified using upper case, that is
"wms-srs" = "EPSG:4326 EPSG:32633 ..."
and *not*
"wms-srs" = "epsg:4326 epsg:32633 ..."
(I do not use a PROJECTION object in the WMS layer specification)

I also had to make two copies of the proj.4 epsg file. One called
EPSG and the other epsg!

Is it only me?

Haavard

--
Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology