[Mapserver-users] msDrawMap() error

Oliver Ishmael oliver_ishmael at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 07:09:23 EDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_43f2_686_51b8

Hi all,

i am still trying to write my first .map file but have run into the
following errors:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'luzon'.
msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file.
(C:\library\sites\mapserver\projects\testing\admin)
msSHPOpenFile(): Unable to access file.
(C:\library\sites\mapserver\projects\testing\mapserver/admin)

I have attached a copy of my .map file and hope that someone can offer a
little help. As always any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Oliver Ishmael

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

------=_NextPart_000_43f2_686_51b8

MAP
  # OUTPUTFORMAT
#	# this may automatically be called from a library of sorts...not yet sure!
#	NAME png
#	DRIVER "GD/PNG"
#	MIMETYPE "image/png"
#	IMAGEMODE PC256
#	EXTENSION "png"
#  END

	NAME LUZON_TEST
	IMAGETYPE PNG
	EXTENT 115.8 10.99 127.8 19.15
	SIZE 600 400
	SHAPEPATH "mapserver"
	# need to find an index of colours...
	IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

	PROJECTION
		# this code can be found in the "epsg.file" (when opened in txt ed. it
lists every projection
		# and their respective epsg codes)
		"init=epsg:4252"
		# for some reason this projection is usually dif from the layer
projection...why?!
	END

# Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------

LAYER # Luzon Island polygon layer begins here

	NAME luzon
        DATA admin
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TYPE POLYGON

	PROJECTION
		# this is the exact code for Luzon using UTM
		"init=epsg:4252"
	END

	CLASS
		COLOR 232 232 232
		OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
	END

END # States polygon layer ends here

  # End of LAYER DEFINITIONS -------------------------------

END # end of map file/object

# MAKE SURE TO 'SAVE AS' TO THE ADDRESS BELOW WHEN MAKING CHANGES!

# THIS IS REALLY IT!
#http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:\library\sites\mapserver\projects\testing\luzon_test.map&mode=map
#
#GOT THIS ERROR THOUGH!
# msCalculateScale(): General error message. Invalid image extent.
# msCalculateScale(): General error message. Invalid image extent.
# mapserv(): Web application error. No way to generate map extent.

------=_NextPart_000_43f2_686_51b8--