[Mapserver-users] Building MapServer for Max OS X (10.3)

Ken-ichi Ueda kueda at wso.williams.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:06:34 EDT 2004

I got MS up and running on my PowerBook a month or two ago, mostly
using the directions you've found (which are great).  My only qualm is
that I highly advise avoiding Fink altogether.  I'm a relative *nix
newbie, so I tried to use Fink as much as possible, but Fink often
didn't have versions of the dependancies that worked with MS, and even
when the right versions were available, they often didn't work, even
when referred to explicitly when calling the ./configure script.
Compiling and installing everything by hand seemed like the most
reliable way of getting everything to work.  Also, if you're going to
use PHP MapScript, make sure you compile PHP against the same libraries
you used for MapServer, or things could get ugly.

-Ken-ichi