[Mapserver-users] MapServer and Redlining such as Drawing shapes and adding text

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jul 7 09:16:32 EDT 2004

MapServer can be used to display such user=defined objects. However, you
need a client capable of the act of defining the objects. The client
would manage the objects and pass their definitions to MapServer. You
could also do the redlining entirely in the client, using MapServer just
as a background. You could use MapScript to save the annotation somehow.

Steve

>>> Ross Smith <r0ss at shaw.ca> 07/06/04 7:42 PM >>>
Hi all,

Is it possible for users to use MapServer to draw lines, points,
polygons
(graphic shapes) and add user defined annotation on the map as a
temporary
object? In essence I would like to develop redlining capabilities.  Does
anyone know how to achieve this?  I know ArcIMS has redlining
capabilities.

Thanks for the help.

Ross