[Mapserver-users] Mapserver Windows Installation

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca
Mon Jul 12 11:00:18 EDT 2004

Hi Daniel,

First of all, what is your web server? IIS? Apache?

Since your are on WinXP I suppose it's IIS...

You should read the readme.html that comes with mapserver binarie for windows, it explains the basic steps to install mapserver on windows platform.

One commun problem you could face after this is NTFS or IIS permission.

You should create a directory to put mapserver cause you have to give it Execution rights.

Read the readme.html ans then report any problem you will have on the list.

Regards,
Nicolas