[Mapserver-users] More info on strange mapserv - mode=map behavior

Davis Michael A DPW GIS TECH michael.davis at richardson.army.mil
Mon Jul 12 17:59:03 EDT 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4685B.71C7AB00

Thanks to some great assistance from Adam Ryan, of Linn County, I have been
able to narrow down my issues with the mapserv cgi on Win2k+IIS.  We are
using the latest 4.2 build.

Our problem has been occurring when we send a request in "map" mode.  The
request will fail with a "CGI Error...CGI application misbehaved" error if
there is more than one layer set to default or requested through the URL.
The request will also fail if there is one layer with multiple classes set
to default.

All of the test .map files will work just fine in "browse" mode.

I am wondering if anyone in list land has had a similar experience, or if
anyone who uses Win2k+IIS can recommend web server settings to check or a
way to get more debug information out of the mapserv cgi.  The standard log
file reports the bad requests as normal execution.

Thanks very much for all your continued help.

Mike Davis
GIS Analyst
Fort Richardson, AK

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4685B.71C7AB00

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>More info on strange mapserv - mode=3Dmap behavior</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks to some great assistance from Adam Ryan, of =
Linn County, I have been able to narrow down my issues with the mapserv =
cgi on Win2k+IIS.&nbsp; We are using the latest 4.2 build.&nbsp; =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Our problem has been occurring when we send a request =
in &quot;map&quot; mode.&nbsp; The request will fail with a &quot;CGI =
Error...CGI application misbehaved&quot; error if there is more than =
one layer set to default or requested through the URL.&nbsp; The =
request will also fail if there is one layer with multiple classes set =
to default.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>All of the test .map files will work just fine in =
&quot;browse&quot; mode.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am wondering if anyone in list land has had a =
similar experience, or if anyone who uses Win2k+IIS can recommend web =
server settings to check or a way to get more debug information out of =
the mapserv cgi.&nbsp; The standard log file reports the bad requests =
as normal execution. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks very much for all your continued help. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mike Davis</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>GIS Analyst</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Fort Richardson, AK</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4685B.71C7AB00--