[Mapserver-users] WMS special character encoding.

Jerl Simpson jerl.simpson at rkiq.com
Tue Jul 20 16:23:10 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I have a strange problem using the WMS Client.
The thing is, the WMS server I'm pulling the data from has a colon ":"
in the layer name.  I can't tell where the problem comes from, but I get
an error back from the WMS server that says invalid layer.
What I send is something like:

"World:Prodname"
The WMS Server responds "invalid layer name World"
So it truncates at the ":".
I thought, no problem, I'll send:
"World%3AProdname"  URI encoding.
Server responds "invalid layer name World%3AProdname"

I have contacted the people supporting the WMS server, and have not
heard back yet.  I was wondering if anyone of you might know what's
going on.

I suspect it's a cURL issue...but can't verify it yet.

Thanks.

Jerl