[Mapserver-users] Sensor Web Enablement (SWE), YSI and MapServer

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Jul 21 10:02:58 EDT 2004

I'm starting to take an interest in SWE at OGC.  And since I've got a
fairly extensive site (http://mesonet.tamu.edu/currentwx.html) for
sensor data it'd make sense:-)

We're currently doing WMS and if I can get time to upgrade to 4.2, we'll
be doing WFS.  That's the approach I recommend, too.

I'd be willing to start writing up something for a wiki addition on
sensor data acquisition, but I suspect it's really low-level stuff to
most of the folks here.

Data structure determination is a big player.  It's also often something
that's not done by design, but initiated by accident and improved
iteratively ina crisis management manner.  This from experience,
although we did start with a design.  Really.  I mean it!

If there's interest, I'll expand further.  There are others here doing
the same sorts of things...

gerry