[Mapserver-users] IMPORTANT - host site for mapserver-users to change

Thomas E Burk teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Wed Jul 21 16:59:35 EDT 2004

You will soon need to resubscribe to this mailing list to
continue your participation.

On Saturday July 31, 2004 at midnight U.S. Central Daylight time
(GMT -5:00) we will close down the existing mapserver-users
(at lists.gis.umn.edu) e-mail list. If you wish to continue
participating on the list you will need to resubscribe.
You can do that _after July 31, 2004_ by going to
<http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mapserver-users.html>. At that
time there will be a link to 'Join or leave the list' where you
can fill out a form.

The new list will be run by a group which offers listserv
capability as part of their mission. It should be a
positive change.

One major change we are making is to restrict access to the
archives; the new archives will only be accessible to
subscribers via a login. The first time you use the archives
(search or browse) you will be asked to setup a
password. You must use the same login e-mail that you subscribed
to the list with -- only list members can view or
search the archives. The is a 'no mail' subscription option for
people who don't want e-mail sent to them (only wish
to use the archive). Initially the old (which will still be
available) and new archives WILL NOT be a single
archive. That will change.

The Support page on the MapServer Web site will be updated with
this new information (on August 1, 2004) as well.

We hope you will continue to participate in mapserver-users and
appreciate your understanding.

Tom
Dr. Thomas E. Burk
University of Minnesota