[Mapserver-users] need new function in mapserv.c to export selection in XML?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Jul 22 11:45:08 EDT 2004

There OGC interfaces use a general function that turns a query result set into GML so this is basically done. It's just that a method needs to be added to the CGI to call the function. I filed a bug for this probably a year ago, just haven't done anything about it. One way would be to implement additional modes such as QUERY, QUERYMAP and now QUERYGML but that seems overkill. It would probably make more sense to retain just the core query modes and add another parameter to change format. Something like QUERYFORMAT=TEMPLATE|GML|MAP.

Another idea would be to leverage the mapfile parameter (name escapes me) that controls the output query MIME-TYPE. Special values there could trigger map vs. template vs. GML vs. whatever... You could control that setting using map_web_... syntax. That might be a better idea...

Steve

>>> "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca> 7/22/2004 10:09:17 AM >>>

Hi,

If I understand what you're sayingm, you can accomplish this with MapServer CGI via OGC:WMS or OGC:WFS.  They both export XML (OGC:WFS provides better control for filtering, though).

..Tom