[Mapserver-users] Weird Itemquery Behavior in 4.2.0 beta?

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Fri Jul 23 15:09:00 EDT 2004

The shapefile can be downloaded here:

http://data.moea.state.mn.us/maps/facilities/shapefile.htm

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance

>>> "David Fawcett" <David.Fawcett at state.mn.us> 7/23/2004 11:13:26 AM

Has anyone seen weird behavior with Itemquery or itemquerymap in 4.0
beta?  I am on Win2k.

I have a point shapefile of facilities, when I do an itemquerymap
request on the PERMITNO field (text), some qstrings return a map of
the
desired facility, others return the EMPTY message indicating no
records
returned.

I know that there are PERMITNOs for the facilities that are not being
found, and the qstring is simply 'ND-3' or 'IA-2'.

For example:
http://data.moea.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/ms4/mapserv.exe?map=e:\web\data.moea.state.mn\maps\facilities\allfac.map&mode=itemquerymap&qlayer=facilities&qitem=permitno&qstring='ND-3'&mapext=shapes

works,but:

http://data.moea.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/ms4/mapserv.exe?map=e:\web\data.moea.state.mn\maps\facilities\allfac.map&mode=itemquerymap&qlayer=facilities&qitem=permitno&qstring='IA-3'&mapext=shapes

does not.

I have tried to go at debugging a few different ways, but have been
stopped by technical limitations.

1.  I wanted to see if the problem was specific to 4.0, so  I tried to
install MS 4.2.1, but couldn't get the binaries from UMN to work (see
other current thread).

2.  I suspect that it may be a problem with the shapefile.  It is
pretty old (probably originally created in ArcView 3.x, and has been
edited, appended, etc.  I tried to find a binary version of
shplib.shpfix or shplib.dbfinfo, but didn't succeed there either.

I can attach or post the shapefile if that would help.

The shapefile works fine for point queries on any of the facilities
that it contains.  It is the basis for this application:
http://data.moea.state.mn.us/maps/facilities/

Thanks,