[Mapserver-users] How to use 2 layers with different extend

thomas at redmilenio.com thomas at redmilenio.com
Fri Jul 23 16:22:59 EDT 2004

Hello, I need to know how do I use for example, a shp file of a country
and then add a new layer that was originally created in Cad(dwg), and then
I converted it to shp. This new layer is a city that I have to add to the
country layer, so I can have first a country view and zooming until I view
the streets of that city. The problem I see here is that both layers have
different extends, eventhough both are in the same coordinate system, I
heard somewhere that I need to use projections. I 'll appreciate a lot if
you can help me with this.

Thank You,

Thomas Shaw