[Mapserver-users] Metadata Server

Joel Rivard jrivard at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Jul 26 09:16:55 EDT 2004

Hi List,

I've been looking through the archives and havn't come accross anything
too specific on using MapServer in order to help setup a Metadata
Server.  Can anybody point me in the right direction of setting up a
Metadata Server for MapServer.  Our intent is to allow the user to
search for the data by title, keyword, etc.  This would return a list
of files that match the search, which contains the metadata by clicking
on the file.  MapServer would be used to allow viewing of the files as
interactive maps.

Were pretty much trying to setup something like the Geography Network
(www.geographynetwork.com) but do not want to use ArcIMS though.

Any help would be appreciated,

cheers,

Joel Rivard