[Mapserver-users] Need Urgent Help with PROJECTION parameters

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 27 11:00:31 EDT 2004

Ishrar Hussain wrote:

> I need the appropriate PROJECTION parameters in
> mapserver for BTM Projection System. The followings
> are all the info that I have about the BTM Projection
> System:
>
>   Bangladesh Transverse Mercator (BTM) Projection.
> (ISPAN 1992)
>
>   ELLIPSOID : Everest 1830
>   PROJECTION : Transverse Mercator
>   CENTRAL MERIDIAN : 90o E
>   FALSE EASTING : 500,000 m
>   FALSE NORTHING : -2,000,000 m
>

> I believe this will be enough to formulate the
> parameters of the PROJECTION object of mapfile.

Ishrar,

This should be:

PROJECTION
   "+proj=tmerc +lon_0=90e +x_0=500000 +y_0=-2000000 +ellps=evrst30"
END

Of course, you should verify this with the proj commandline tools on a
test point or something.  Note this does not include any datum shifting
information, so you won't be able to accurately convert to WGS84 or other
datums.

Best regards,