[Mapserver-users] How do I get the extent values?

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Tue Jun 1 14:30:02 EDT 2004

Using the latest shapelib package( http://shapelib.maptools.org ), try:

$ shpdump -h theshapefile.shp # -h = header info only

this sould display the header shapefile information which has the info you want...

or you could also:

$ shpdump theshapefile.shp > dump.txt

then, open 'dump.txt' ... at the lines 3 and 4 you will get the MinX, MinY and MaxX, MaxY data.

best

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.consultoria.eti.br
UIN: 303747254