[mapserver-users] querying WMS layer / WFS reprise

Paul Spencer spencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 3 14:52:58 EDT 2004

create btree indexes on your oid field and create GIST indexes as
suggested in the postgis documentation.

eg:

btree index (assuming oid is the object id field):

CREATE INDEX mytable_oid_idx ON mytable (oid);

GIST index (assuming wkb_geometry is your geometry column):

CREATE INDEX mytable_gist ON mytable USING GIST ( wkb_geometry
GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS );

And run VACUUM ANALYZE; after any changes to indexing to optimize the
query planner.

Cheers,

Paul