[Mapserver-users] Autonumbering of labels?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jun 4 11:48:34 EDT 2004

Nope, that functionality doesn't exist. For clarification, you mean only
the
features actually labeled? That may be tough because labels are
assigned before
being queued for rendering and this would need to be far more dynamic.

If you could expand on your idea that would help...

Steve

>>> Brad Cantwell <bcantwel at us.ibm.com> 6/3/2004 1:56:37 PM >>>

Is there a way to do sequential numbering for labels?  We would like
have the labels for features autonumbered (i.e. 1 though N).  Is there
way to do this through the .map file?    We are trying to avoid
MapScript
if possible.